Tuesday, January 31, 2012

BoA’s Success Attributed to Hard Work – Past Video Clips Revealed




Video clips of BoA‘s past as a young trainee and singer was shown on the January 31st airing of SBS‘s “Good Morning.”

On the show that day, the head of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man, revealed how he first discovered BoA. He stated, ”(BoA) caught my eye when she followed her older brother to an audition. She was in 5th grade. At the time, I was having trouble finding talented youngsters that have not yet started middle school.”

He continued, “During her 3 years of training, she constantly practiced for 5 hours on weekdays and 10 hours on weekends. At the time, our company didn’t even have 3 billion won (about 3 million dollars), but we invested about a total of 3 billion won into her.”

Afterwards, the show revealed several video clips of a young BoA practicing and answering interview questions. In the interviews, BoA conducted herself in a mature manner, very unlike a young kid. The clips show her saying, “There are a lot of people who think that I am a product that has been well-made.” In another clip, she is seen saying, “I think that depending on how hard I work, there can be different outcomes.”

Many were also interested to see the then 14-year-old BoA state in an interview, “In 10 years, I think that I will have a beautiful family. My dream is to be a good wife and a wise mother.”


(Source: Star Today via Daum)