Friday, February 10, 2012

Miryo No More, Call Her Johoney




With the release of her new solo album, Brown Eyed Girls‘ member Miryo appears to be turning over a new leaf. So much so that she’s even contemplating changing her name.

Miryo confessed to the media, “I’ve thought about changing my name to Johoney. After mulling over it, I decided not to change it, but I would like to be called Johoney from now on.“

Miryo’s real name is Jo Mi Hye. However, when she was a student, because her last name was Jo, her friends gave her the nickname “Jo Miryo” (the word for “seasoning”). Thus, she continued to use the name Miryo when she debuted with the Brown Eyed Girls in 2006.

Miryo commented, “I’ve still been using the name that my school friends gave me, but truthfully I don’t think that Miryo is a very good name.” She reemphasized, “I want to be called Johoney.”

Miryo’s fans have already been calling her Johoney rather than Miryo. In addition, Miryo’s recently released first solo album, “Miryo aka Johoney,” hints at her wishes to be called by a new name.

(Source: My Daily via Naver)